FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS THREE RIVERS TRANSPORTATION?
Three Rivers Transportation has serviced the Pittsburgh area since 2002. Our company provides rides for corporations, seniors, entertainment and more. 3RT is managed by a reputable management team to meet the on time demand of their valued customers.
Three Rivers Transportation is registered with the Public Utility Commission (PUC), as well as with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and follows all regulations to make travel safe. In addition, our Company also follows all applicable state laws and has incorporated its own in house policies to enhance safety standards.
How do I make $1000.00 per week?
- This is a commonly asked question. We’ve completed a list of the various ways our drivers are earning a thousand per week:
- Has open availability
- Is willing to request and complete all assigned jobs
- Is open to working weekends
- Operates a company wheelchair van and does wheelchair transportation
Is this like Uber or Lyft?
- Uber and Lyft are ridesharing platforms where anyone at any time of the day can call for a ride. Three Rivers Transportation has contracted and scheduled rides helping clients without transportation arrive at school or at their doctors appointments. The only similarity to Uber and Lyft is our drivers have the option to use their own vehicle.
What makes this opportunity better than Uber or Lyft?
- You know ahead of time what trips will earn and can anticipate guaranteed earnings.
Can I still drive for Uber or Lyft while working for Three Rivers Transportation?
- Yes, as an Independent Contractor, you can still work for these ridesharing services independent of fulfilling trip obligations for Three Rivers Transportation.
Are you a taxi service?
- No, we are not an on demand service.
WHO CAN BE A DRIVER WITH THREE RIVERS TRANSPORTATION?
Three Rivers Transportation is seeking drivers who can responsibly operate their own vehicles and complete standard screening process and certification training. We are offering independent driver positions and whether you are interested in full-time, part-time, or merely looking for ways to connect with your community, there is a position for you.
Can I use my own vehicle?
- Yes, drivers looking to use their own vehicle are in high demand!
Is there a background check or drug test?
- Yes, we are seeking reliable drivers who are 21+. There is background screening, drug testing and we also make sure you have a clean driving record.
Is this a full time or part time position?
- This is all contingent upon your availability. Drivers who have the most availability will have access to more trip opportunities.
What areas are you currently operating in?
- We are currently operating in the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia area and surrounding markets. We are headquartered out of Pittsburgh and looking to open offices in Philadelphia as well as other locations as we continue to expand.
How soon until I can start?
- We have immediate openings available to start within a few days upon completion of the background screening process and training.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
What is the pay?
- Depending on availability, drivers on average earn $15 for in county trips and up to $20 per hour for out of county trips.
How does my vehicle qualify?
- Vehicles must have copies of current insurance and registration in the vehicle at all times
- Vehicles must have working air conditioner and heating units
- Vehicles must have functioning seat belts
- Vehicles must be inspected
- Vehicles must have functioning brake system
- Vehicles must be in “fare-ready” condition and clean
- Vehicles must not have any physical damage. I.e., broken mirrors, windshields, etc.
How do I sign up to become a driver?
- Visit this link to fill out the application.